Monday 30 March 2015

Maybelline Waterproof Mascara || The Rocket & Great Lash...


I am slowly making my way through and testing different waterproof mascaras to see if I can find my absolute favourite. I do have naturally long lashes which I curl before applying mascara.

The last mascara I tested was the NYX Doll Eye Mascara which you can read about here.

In this post I shall talk about two Maybelline Mascaras which I bought on Amazon.

Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof - £6.50

I've never used a brush like this, it has short silicone bristles which I have found amazing for giving lift and no clumps. I really like the formula as I only really need one coat and has a fast drying time.

A picture is worth a thousand words and I feel the my photos show what I am trying to say.

One minor drawback is that it's a little stubborn when it comes to removing make up, but I have started using coconut oil to melt away eye make up and a wipe to get rid of the mess.

This is fast becoming my favourite top lash mascara I've ever tried. I use it on my top lashes because the brush is quite wide and is sometimes difficult to apply to my lower lashes...which is where my next mascara comes in.

I keep showing people my lashes and telling them they need this mascara.


FIRST PICTURE - No Mascara
SECOND PICTURE - The Rocket on top lashes
THIRD PICTURE - Great lash on lower lashes


Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof - £4.99

This next mascara has an overall more natural look than The Rocket as the formula is thinner but I love it for my lower lashes. It has a small bristled brush and is great for delicate mascara application.
The corkscrew shape of the bristles separates lashes well and coats them evenly.

I have tried it on my top lashes and it gives a less dramatic overall look, I would only do it if I wasn't going anywhere or going to the gym.


Here's a comparison of the two mascara wands - Great Lash to the left and The Rocket on the right.


And some extra photos from my phone, how they look with and without winged liner.


I love the fact these are so affordable, I would never spend over £10 on one mascara. 
Both of these have lived up to being waterproof having been drenched on the way to work on more than one occasion. 

No panda eyes for me! 

I feel there are a lot more Maybelline mascaras I still need to test but this is currently my favourite mascara combination I've tried so far. 

What are your favourite mascaras, any other waterproof suggestions?

Coco
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...