Sunday 21 December 2014

Wantable December...


Holy Moly!
Yay it finally arrived!
My Wantable box!
If you don't know, this is a subscription box from the USA so you'll get different brands to what we have here in the UK. I find this the most exciting subscription out of the boxes I have tried so far.
When you sign up there is a questionnaire where you click 'love', 'like' & 'dislike' and through this you will never get products you 'dislike'.
This months box cost around $50 which is around £31, this includes shipping and UK tax.
It is more expensive than other subscription boxes but I think it is definitely worth it as you get high end full sized products!


First product I saw was the above lip gloss (swatches below). This is the second Surratt product I have received from Wantable, this being my second box so far. I am very pleased I got this colour as I do wear a lot of dark lipsticks at the moment. This can be used as a sheer but pigmented lip colour on it's own or on top of a lipstick to add a bit of gloss/subtle bit of colour. It's quite sticky but that shows that it will stay on your lips for a long time. The one odd thing I found with this product is that it is a completely different colour in the tube than it is swatched, which you will see below on my hand. In the tube it looks more burgundy red but swatched it's actually more of a purple.
This product is worth $32 (£20).

Onto the next full size product, one I was super happy to see as I am running out of my primer. This Ofra Absolute Cover Face Primer. I have been using it for a few days now and I really like it. It has a very creamy consistency but does not feel greasy at all. It works well my my combination skin (oily t-zone). It gives a really smooth base to use under foundation, my current favourite being my L'Oréal Paris Eau De Teint. This primer is worth $35 (£22).


The next product I saw came in a simple black gloss card box but when I opened it and took this out, WOW! Check out the amazing black gem studded packaging. This is a super smooth and pigmented powder bronzer and being quite fair skinned (damn you winter...) I do have to use it quite sparingly but it does give a lovely glow to my skin. I also use it as a contour because, well, who doesn't want epic cheekbones. The thing about this bronzer that I love is the fact it isn't shimmery, which makes it great for contouring. This is worth $53 (£33).


The last product I got was this amazing blush quad palette by Tarina Tarantino. This comes in a mirror finish gunmetal grey case and has 4 shade of blush ranging from peach, pink to purpley blushes. I think it's amazing and have been testing out different blushes every day. All of them are really, really pigmented and I love the variety of colours you get, this is worth $45 (£28).


Below are the swatches to show the colours. Around the edge are the blushes, in the centre is the bronzer and at the bottom is the lip gloss, which as you can see comes out purple.


I absolutely LOVE this box, I don't think I could choose a favourite product from this month. I think the products are amazing and the fact that they are brands that I wouldn't buy because of the price range but am more than happy to receive them in this subscription box. 
This box cost me £31 in which I got £103 worth of products which I think is pretty epic!
I have skipped next month (January) to save money and to test out another subscription box (they are pretty addictive..!) but I have a very strong feeling I will miss this box and it will be back in February. (UPDATE - I may have 'accidentally on purpose' un-skipped next month ... Oooops!)
This is my most favourite subscription box I have tried so far. 

Which beauty subscription boxes have you tried and what are your thoughts?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...